Accessible big-mountain stability to broaden your horizons and ride steeper terrain.
Big lines call for a predictable board that lets you be in the drivers seat. The Burton Family Tree First Cut Snowboard is for riders looking to step out into the steeper alpine terrain and variable snow that big mountain riding offers. Modest sidecut, a confident edge, and a stable tail offer the control to make the right moves when you need them or no moves when you don't.
- Directional Shape is designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while providing plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition
- 5mm Taper makes for quicker turn engagement, providing the feel and focus of a directional board without too much taper to impact your board when riding switch
- Directional Camber Bend has camber under both feet for stability through deep-diving turns and variable conditions and a rockered nose that adds lift for increased float
- Directional Flex features increased pop in the tail and a more resilient nose that allows riders to easily maintain control through all terrain and conditions
- Super Fly II 700G Core uses stronger and lighter woods to provide pop and strength while reducing overall weight; Dualzone EGD engineered wood grain positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones perpendicular to the core for more edge-hold, response, and strength
- Triax Fiberglass provides versatile flex and response for everything from mini to mega shred
- Sintered WFO Base infuses specially formulated wax deep into the pores of the extra-absorbent, high-density recycled sintered material, making it ultradurable for riding all season in any condition
- The Channel® Board Mount is designed to help dial-in the perfect stance and is compatible with all major bindings
- Bend: Directional Camber
- Shape: Directional
- Flex: Directional
- Taper: 5mm
- Core: FSC™ Certified Super Fly II™ 700G Core with Dualzone™ EGD™
- Fiberglass: Triax™
- Base: Sintered WFO
- Mounting: The Channel®
- Balanced Freeride Geometry
- Infinite Ride™
- Riding Level
- Sustainability: Super Sap® Epoxy
- Warranty: 3-YEAR WARRANTY All 2014 and newer Burton snowboards with The Channel mounting system (such as the one you are looking at here) are backed by a three-year warranty from date of purchase.