There's still life in the dog yet.
The CAPiTA Black Snowboard Of Death Snowboard has been tearing around in pursuit of the goods for over 20 years, and there's no sign of it slowing down. The latest model had been reinforced with inlaid alloy skid plates and updated with an all new Thermopolymer Hover Core that hews to its do anything, go anywhere philosophy. This is still the progressive, directional board you know, and love, ready to thread the needle in technical terrain, demolish fields of untracked pow, and lay down spooky fast carves all season long.
Alpine V1 Profile
- The ALPINE V1 Profile design features mid-body camber with a flat tail and a reverse cambered nose. This allows for tons of pop and stability on hard pack while increasing float and landing power, improving the rider’s performance in deep snow. The camber runs longer in the tail—providing extra power for the ascent or for larger riders drawn to a dedicated wide series.
Flex Rating – 6.5 (1 Soft - 10 Stiff)
New Age Directional
- NEW AGE DIRECTIONAL sidecuts are progressive sidecuts, which also incorporate a reverse sidecut arc in the midsection of the board. Due to a reduced effective edge as a result of hybrid camber shapes, this reverse camber arc provides a point of contact to retain control throughout the turn and is affectionately referred to as DEATH GRIP™.
Reinforced with Twin Forged Carbon Rods
Thermopolymer Hover Core™
- Enhanced with bonded post-consumer recycled Thermopolymer channels into ultra-lightweight select grain wood core strips, the THERMOPOLYMER HOVER Core™ is extremely light and strong with excellent dampening properties.
Carbon Fleece Power Shield™
- With two Carbon Fleece power pads underfoot, maximum thrusting power is achieved for ollies and stability under varied-terrain while torsional forgiveness allows for ease of command in battle.
Amplitech™ V-Tech Amplifier
- Amplitex™ is a next-generation natural flax fiber woven with carbon strands that is featured in high-end snowboard constructions. This fusion tape brings the best of two worlds: the reactive energy of carbon and the lightweight and dampening aspects of flax. The two fibers are highly compatible since they have similar properties regarding thermal expansion and failure strain, creating a uniformly flexing reinforcement that's light, snappy and durable all in one.
- The HOLYSHEET™ fiberglass configuration features fiber weaves with a high tensile strength and low modulus of elasticity. With a higher roving count in the same weight of glass, you can have a stronger and more responsive board without adding extra weight. Triaxial fiberglass is placed on both the top and bottom of the core providing maximum strength, durability and performance.
Magic Bean Resin
- This advanced resin system has a bio-content of 60% renewable, agricultural raw material and is produced with no waste or greenhouse emissions. In production, it has a low-temperature requirement with a high yield output. Poppy, powerful, and extremely durable, MAGIC BEAN™ resin yields much stronger and more rigid qualities allowing a decrease in the wood core thickness. This means you get a lighter board while achieving higher energy return.
Inlaid Alloy Skid Plates
- Reinforced with an ultralight skid plate, refined and reshaped to shave weight.
Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Exclusively formulated, sintered, ultra-high molecular weight, ultra-high density polyethylene, custom engineered with special additives. Rated for the most depraved speed junkies only.
- The MOONSHOT PRO-TUNE™ is an aftermarket high-performance race-base structure that wicks water from your base in 45-degree angles making these boards fast as heck to the lift line or to the finish line.
360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
Skinless™ Core Ash Woodgrain Topsheet
- Specially treated pure wood veneer topsheet with a unique tactile feel that is 220gm lighter than the standard process.
Multitech™ Level 3 DeepSpace™ Silkscreen
- The DEEPSPACE™ Design Theory takes advantage of the thickness of a transparent topsheet. Strategically layering ink on multiple levels from the top and the bottom imbues graphics with a sense of life through depth.
Stainless Steel 2 x 4 Inserts
2 Year Warranty